Re: namespaces a solution to recursive make issues?

From: Avishay Orpaz
Subject: Re: namespaces a solution to recursive make issues?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 00:52:10 +0300

+1 for namespaces in make

I'm also maintaining a big, multi-component makefile. All submakes are
included in the main, and I have to manually add some kind of prefix to the
target names in each file. What I would like to see is something like:

   include <some makefile> as <namespace>

This kind of include would add an automatic prefix to all (phony) targets
and allow, for example, each submake to have an 'all' or 'install' target of
its own, as well as private variables.

Avishay