Re: here document in recipe

From: David Boyce
Subject: Re: here document in recipe
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 23:01:57 -0500

On Nov 22, 2011, at 10:01 AM, "Warlich, Christof"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> That avoids the need for the redirection on every line and the final
> copy, thanks.
>
> But the echos still bother me. I played arround with canned recipes,
> but without success. So it seems that this is the best one can get.

You may find this a better way in general, or at least an interesting
alternative. Requires 3.82 though:

.PHONY: all tgtA tgtB

tgtB: SHELL := /usr/bin/ssh
tgtB: .SHELLFLAGS := <remote-host>

all: tgtA tgtB

tgtA:
        @echo Building $@ on $(shell hostname)

tgtB:
        @echo Building $@ on $(shell hostname)

This test case works fine for me (once <remote-host> is filled in).

-David Boyce