Re: Suppressing warning messages

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Suppressing warning messages
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 20:02:45 +0200

On 2012-11-05, Miguel Guedes wrote:

> Is it possible to suppress GNU/Make's warning messages?
>
> In particular I'd like to suppress the following warning without adding + to
> the parent rule:
>
> make[2]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add `+' to parent make
> rule.

I have such warning when run make in parallel (with '-j4' like option) under
Cygwin or MSYS. It say that your make executable build without job-server
support.

To see what your make support put to your Makefile:

  $(error $(.FEATURES))

To workaround - don't pass '-j' to make or use make with jobserver support!!

--
Best regards!