Re: release of make 3.82.90?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: release of make 3.82.90?
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 21:00:55 +0300

> From: "Warlich, Christof" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:40:39 +0000
>
> are there any plans to release a version of make 3.82.90 (or any followup)
> any time soon?
>
> In using MinGW/Msys, where the latest released version (make 3.82) is
> unusable slow.
> make 3.82.90 obviously fixes that

"Fixes" how?  Unless you mean the support for job-server and the
resulting parallelism, I know of no other significant speedup in the
CVS code.

> but I'm somewhat hesitant using an "unofficial" build in a critical project.

FWIW, I'm using the CVS code on MS-Windows for the last year, and did
not see any problems at all.

> Thanks for any information w.r.t. future plans,

Please wait for Paul to reply, he is the only one who makes plans
about that.