GNU Make: "calling" sub make with target

From: Thomas Lehmann
Subject: GNU Make: "calling" sub make with target
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:55:59 +0200

Hi,

I've a given Makefile which is required to be called with
make -f Makefile-unittests test.

When doing this the build for unit tests is done.
Still I have to call the application to run the test.

The application itself is build with
make -f Makefile

Now, what I'm searching for is how to build both
by the application Makefile that way that:

a) The application build fails when the build of the tests fails.
b) The application build fails when the run of the tests has faild.

Could you please provide help, hints or links to this?

Kind Regards,
Thomas