Re: secondexpansion interference

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: secondexpansion interference
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 09:11:46 -0400

On Sun, 2014-04-27 at 09:04 -0400, Martin d'Anjou wrote:
> valgrind gives me 8240 lines of output... I am not sure what to do
> with it...

Compress it and email it directly to me.

> I do have gettext 0.18.1, but it is installed locally in my home
> directory. How do I specify an alternative location for gettext to
> autoreconf -i?

I think you need to use the -B (--prepend-dir) flag to autoreconf and
add the aclocal directory for your local gettext.

However, it might be simpler to just edit the configure.ac file in your
make directory and change the AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION value to the
version you have installed by default.  That probably will work well
enough for your purposes.  There's an issue with older versions of
GETTEXT on _some_ platforms (for some reason I'm thinking Solaris) but
it shouldn't be a problem on Linux.