Re: GNUMake link step not work to certain libraries

From: Stephan Beal
Subject: Re: GNUMake link step not work to certain libraries
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 13:46:10 +0100

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Fadi Hatem <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I can't figure out why my binary does not link with certain libraries:
>

> The ldd command on the resulting binary gives me:
>

> libmlib_image.so => not found
>

>                 libfontmanager.so => not found

The problem has nothing to do with make. Your app IS linking properly or
you would never get far enough that you can call 'ldd' on the output.

The 'not found' messages you see here are because ldd cannot resolve the
libraries (which _are_ linked to your binary): make sure they are in your
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivalent before running ldd.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/