Re: msys2: Resource temporarily unavailable

From: Brian Vandenberg
Subject: Re: msys2: Resource temporarily unavailable
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 09:35:51 -0600

I can't speak to that specific environment, but whenever I've seen fork
errors like that it usually means my machine is in a very sorry state to
include the following possible problems:

* hard drive full
* too many processes
* memory allocation issues

On the too many processes thing: in Solaris we used to see a lot of issues
after a machine had been running for months on end.  In spite of the fact
there was not an egregious number of processes running it would act as
though all process IDs had been allocated and would refuse to run a new
process unless you first stopped one that was currently running.  When this
happened we had to just restart the machine.

In *nix I would suggest using truss/strace to try to get to the bottom of
this, but in windows you probably want to get the sysinternals tools to
investigate this.

-brian