Win10/GNUmake4.1: paths in .INCLUDE_DIRS not searched

From: Jannick
Subject: Win10/GNUmake4.1: paths in .INCLUDE_DIRS not searched
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 14:25:27 +0200

Hi,

'.INCLUDE_DIRS += C:\mypath' does not make GNUmake to look for included
makefiles (using 'include') in C:\mypath.

I checked that

*       C:\mypath is added to .INCLUDE_DIRS (with 'make -p')

*       GNUmake does not look for the includes (with 'make -d')

This issue arises when centrally administered makefile scripts should be
included (using 'include') into local makefiles which is I guess something
commonly used. As a current workaround I am using 'make -IC:\mypath' which
does the job.

Any ideas to solve this - or am I missing something here which might well
be?

Many thanks,

J.

Living on Win10 / using GNUmake 4.1 (built for Win32).