Re: pgid of spawned processes

From: Jonathan Leonard
Subject: Re: pgid of spawned processes
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 14:27:52 -0800

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction but...

... an easier way to make that happen is to introduce an initial bash
script:

#!/bin/bash
export ROOT_PID=$$
make -f yourmakefile yourtarget

[This will set the bash script's PID into the env of all descendants (which
is good enough for our purposes here as the make process itself needn't be
the actual root)].

--Jonathan