Re: Error when using example from Mecklenburg book

From: Richard Cavell
Subject: Re: Error when using example from Mecklenburg book
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 01:55:09 +0200

   Attached.

   Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 12:32 AM
   From: "carl hansen" <address@hidden>
   To: "Richard Cavell" <address@hidden>
   Cc: "Make List" <address@hidden>
   On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Richard Cavell
   <address@hidden> wrote:
   something

   can you do
   echo "this is nonsense" | grep nonsense
   ?
   make --print-data-base -n | grep something
   ?
   I am under impression that Mac sh is not working completely for you,
   thus my questions.
   The real answer is download the latest "make" precompiled from one
   of several sites, sorry, haven't turned on the Mac in recent decades,
   I don't know the name of website, and just use that.