RE: Compilation with multiple jobs fails

From: Ramya S Ganesh (RBEI/ETC5)
Subject: RE: Compilation with multiple jobs fails
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 06:49:44 +0000

Hello,
            We made use of the below command for starting parallel build
process with an intent to solve the "Waiting for unfinished jobs" issue.
            make --output-sync=recurse -j $parallel_process -f

*        We used --output-sync=recurse to synchronize the parallel tasks.

*        -j $parallel_process( where parallel_process=$NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS-1)
it automatically detects the cores in the system.

But still we face the issue, Can you suggest a solution for the problem?
Are the options we are using the right ones or are there any other alternatives.

Best regards

S Ganesh Ramya
RBEI/ETC5

Tel. +91 422 667-5704