Re: Rule producing several targets at once?

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Rule producing several targets at once?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 10:50:08 -0500

On Wed, 2018-02-28 at 16:29 +0100, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
> Dear Alberto,
>
> Alberto Luaces (2018/02/28 15:52 +0100):
> > Sébastien Hinderer writes:
> >
> > > Dear Alberto,
> > >
> > > Many thanks for your response.
> > >
> > > The comand was jsut an example, the real world one si different.
> > > Sorry for the confusion it may have introduced.
> > >

> > Hi Sébastien.  No problem!
> >
> > Just post an example of what are you trying to do exactly, and we
> > will manage to help you.
>
> Well I don't see what I could add to my initial e-mail, I'm sorry. I
> thik the details are both too complex and irrelevant. Isn't the
> question clear enough as it is?

I think it's a language/misunderstanding problem, and a slight typo in
your original question:

> Is it possible to tell make that one produce several files at once?

Here you've left out the most critical word in the sentence: you
probably wanted to ask:

  Is it possible to tell make that one *RULE* produce several files at once?

However, David understood what you meant, and answered your question.

Cheers!