please, provide a way to disable non-echoing of '@'-prefixed recipe line

From: Jason Vas Dias
Subject: please, provide a way to disable non-echoing of '@'-prefixed recipe lines!
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 14:48:37 +0000

This would be my #1 request for a make 'new-feature' :
  o provide a way of disabling silent rules / make recipe
     lines starting with '@'  or listed in '.SILENT:' be
      echoed normally - ie. a
     '--disable-silent-rules'  command line option to make .

Is there any hope of make ever providing something like
this ? If not, I think I'm going to have to develop a local
patch to the make instances I use.

Due to over-use of silent rules and lack of providing a 'V=1'
mode, it is getting ever more difficult to diagnose building
problems. Unfortunately, owing to its use in so many other
ways, one cannot just do "sed -i 's/@//'" on Makefiles, much
as I'd like to.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Jason