Re: Running one Makefile from another in an "isolated" way

From: Kaz Kylheku (gmake)
Subject: Re: Running one Makefile from another in an "isolated" way
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:31:33 -0700

On 2020-10-28 03:14, Nikolay Shaplov wrote:
Thanx, Kaz Kylheku, after you mail I noted that I've explored this ENV problem
with `export` command, but I should do it with `env` as you suggested.

Using env, I came to the sane conclusion as Philip Guenther (thank you too)
that the cause of all my problems here is MAKELEVEL env var.

By the way, I should have clarified that I didn't intend to offer that
that as a final solution, but as a way to isolate whether the root cause
is coming from the environment, and possibly identify the variable.

Blocking the passage of the entire environment to sub-processes is
a "hostile" move that will make things difficult for someone down
the road.