help-mcsim

Re: [Help-mcsim] Fwd: questions about MCSim

From: Bill Harris
Subject: Re: [Help-mcsim] Fwd: questions about MCSim
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 19:12:32 -0700

Cindy,

It's good to see another MCSim user in the Pacific Northwest!  Enjoy
your modeling!

If it's of any use, I created a quick reference card for MCSim that
includes some of its newer features.  You can find it along with a
presentation I made two and a half years ago in Portland at
http://facilitatedsystems.com/links.html#sd

As to your question, I use J (http://www.jsoftware.com/) as my scripting
language, and I've written J scripts to assemble simulation files
programmatically, run the model, and produce graphs.  That worked quite
nicely.

For a simple example, see http://www.adaptistration.com/?p=1185.  While
that article doesn't contain the scripts, it does show the results.  For
example (as I recall), I had a script that picked percentage ranges for
the three key parameters, assembled a simulation file, ran the
simulation, and plotted and saved the table of eight graphs or the stick
plot you can see.

Bill
--
Bill Harris                      http://facilitatedsystems.com/weblog/
Facilitated Systems                              Everett, WA 98208 USA