help-mcsim

Re: [Help-mcsim] Configure problems

From: Setzer . Woodrow
Subject: Re: [Help-mcsim] Configure problems
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:48:53 -0400

You may need to include the path where you have installed libgsl, etc.
in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or otherwise tell the OS where to find the shared
library.

R. Woodrow Setzer, Ph. D.
National Center for Computational Toxicology
http://www.epa.gov/comptox
US Environmental Protection Agency
Mail Drop B205-01/US EPA/RTP, NC 27711
Ph: (919) 541-0128    Fax: (919) 541-1194

  From:       Anna-Karin Mork <address@hidden>

  To:         address@hidden

  Date:       08/10/2009 09:41 AM

  Subject:    [Help-mcsim] Configure problems

  Sent by:    address@hidden

Hi,

I am trying to install McSim to run it on a cluster and can therefore
not use the standard installation (/usr/local/..).  When trying to
configure I get this:

h18n01$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME
LDFLAGS=-L/afs/pdc.kth.se/home/a/akmork/lib

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gzip... yes
checking for gnuplot... no
checking for wish... no
checking for info... yesI have installed the GSL library in my home
directory $HOME/lib.
checking for install-info... no
checking for makeinfo... yes
checking for gv... no
checking for touch... yes
checking for date... yes
checking for tex... no
postscript not generated
checking for dvi2ps... no
checking for texi2html... no
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for main in -lgslcblas... no
configure: error: You first need to install the 'gslcblas' library to
build MCSim

h18n01$ cd ~/lib
h18n01$ ls
libgsl.a   libgsl.so.0      libgslcblas.la    libgslcblas.so.0.0.0
libgsl.la  libgsl.so.0.8.0  libgslcblas.so    pkgconfig
libgsl.so  libgslcblas.a    libgslcblas.so.0

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Anna-Karin