help-mcsim

[Help-mcsim] gsl problems

From: Lisa Lowe
Subject: [Help-mcsim] gsl problems
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:13:45 -0400

Hi,

It says on the website that gsl is not required with the latest mcsim,
but I get the following error when doing "make check":
  -Testing mod on perc.model
  --PASSED-
  -Testing makemcsim on perc.model
  -Compiling mcsim.perc...
  -/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgsl
  -collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  --FAILED-

Also, gsl is installed on the cluster where I am working, and I added
its path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (/usr/local/gsl/lib).  The compiler still
doesn't find it.  As per the archived emails about this problem, I
tried the command : /sbin/ldconfig -p | grep gsl, and it comes up with
nothing.  Are there other system variables I should be setting so it
can find this library?  Should the latest version need the gsl library
to do the samples?

Thanks!
Lisa