Re: [Help-nano] colors

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] colors
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:42:46 +0200

[Please tell me if you want to be Cc:'d, I don't know if you're
subscribed]

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 08:31:39AM -0500, |b|c|r| wrote:
> sorry.  i should be more explicit.  i checked /etc/ and nonorc isnt there.

Ah, I see.
What version of the package do you have?

If it's the one in Debian woody, it's the stable nano branch and it has
no colour/nanorc support. You can get a newer nano from unstable, but
you may have to recompile it to get the dependencies match Woody. I can
help you with that.

> i installed from deb.  i've looked all over, and i dont have the sample
> nanorc.  where should it be?  i'll tell you if its there, if you think
> this is some sort of bug.

In nano 1.1.x debs, you'll find the example in
/usr/share/doc/nano/examples.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/