Re: [Help-nano] Installing nano

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Installing nano
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 18:45:58 +0200

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:27:59AM -0500, Christian Ramos wrote:
>   Hi my name is Chris Ramos and I wanted to know if anyone can help me
> install nano on FreeBSD.  I need to know the step by step instructions.  So
> if anyone can help me this matter I would be very greatful.   Thanks

If your system has ncurses installed, you should just have to:

tar zxf nano-1.2.0.tar.gz
cd nano-1.2.0
./configure --enable-all
make
(as root) make install

Have a look at the INSTALL document inside the tarball for more
information.

This, for the "traditional" procedure. For FreeBSD, you should be
happier installing the GNU nano port to FreeBSD. I have no idea of how
you install a FreeBSD port, though. I hope you do.
See http://www.freebsd.org/ports/editors.html and
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/editors/nano/pkg-descr

Jordi
--