Re: [Help-nano] Backspaceproblem and glibc 2.3 problem

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Backspaceproblem and glibc 2.3 problem
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:16:17 +0200

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 08:08:05AM +0000, Paul Fotheringham wrote:
> Jordi first. I am using ncurses-5.2-27mdk which I think is the most up to
> date
> rpm for Mandrake.

That appears to be quite recent.

> Chris, I tried the source rpm and it works! Thanks. Unfortunately I still
> have
> the first of my two problems. I'll look at trying to get the source for
> ncurses.

What terminal are you using? If it's Konsole or gnome-terminal, as
Chris, said, they are to blame :)

It appears gnome-terminal 2.2 made things work a lot better, though.

A nice test would be to see if nano works badly both in X and the
console.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/