[Help-nano] nano on AIX

From: Jerrad Brown
Subject: [Help-nano] nano on AIX
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:50:15 -0600

Hi, I'm in a beginning Unix class but I've had a little (I want to stress "little"). I've downloaded the tarball untarballed it, untared it, and tried the ./configure make make install. It went through some Configure: lines and gave me some warnings saying I should use --build --host --target. After that, the checks run, some pass some fail. I can't write to the /bin/sh/ directory because I'm not a priveleged user. I can create directories and files under my home direcetory, though. I'm using PuTTY to connect through telnet, so certain things are funky.... All I'm really wanting to do is edit my .profile file to add backspacing capabilities using an editor I'm familiar with. vi and edit haven't treated me well... neither has the mail command... but thats another story ;) Thanks, -Jerrad