Re: [Help-nano] Nano crashed when doing a search

From: Stan Horwitz
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Nano crashed when doing a search
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:26:11 -0400

On Sep 4, 2007, at 2:24 PM, David Ramsey wrote:

On 9/4/07, Stan Horwitz <address@hidden> wrote:
I recently installed Nano on a Suse Linux box and one of my users
pointed out a problem which I can replicate. Each time someone presses
Control-W to do a search in Nano, it crashes on a segmentation fault.
How can I fix this problem.

Which version of Suse are you using? If it's 10.0, and the machine it's
installed on is 64-bit. the problem is actually caused by Suse 10.0's
version of glibc, and you can fix it by upgrading to Suse 10.1.

The machine is a 64-bit server, but it runs Suse 9.

--
Stan Horwitz
Temple University

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Temple University. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the e-mail. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.