Re: [Help-nano] Post Exit Hook?

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Post Exit Hook?
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:40:25 -0400

Hello Ashley,

Hmm, I think  that is out of scope for nano, that seems more like a feature which can be accomplished by the shell.  Assuming your shell is bash, consider adding the following to your .bashrc or .bash_profile:

function np {
    nano $1
    php -l $1
}

Then you could run "np <filename>" and it would produce the desired effect.