[Help-nano] some keybinding and related issues/questions

From: Erik Quaeghebeur
Subject: [Help-nano] some keybinding and related issues/questions
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 23:45:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

(nano 2.2.2)

I've been looking at doing some major keybinding changes and came across the following:

unbind ^M main  unbinds the Return/Enter key as well
unbind ^I main  unbinds the Tab key as well

main commands appearing in the final list in the help window (such as M-X), when unbound, do not dissapear from the help list and when another key is bound to them, a new line is added

At the end of the nanorc manpage, there is spurious text in the 'unbind' desription, which itself is located in somewhat strange place (moving it right after 'bind' would mae more sense)

what does 'whitespacedisplay' do? I've tried setting it, but it doesn't visibly alter anything

I can't seem to find the function name to cut until the end of the file with standard keybinding M-T

is it possible to bind ^kup, M-kup etc?

'scrollup' and 'scrolldown' seem to move the cursor, contradicting the description in the help text

'fulljustify', 'beginpara', and 'endpara' are (erroneously?) available in 'search' mode

the 'nohelp' function seems untoggleable outside of 'main' mode; pico within alpine on my system does allow this in some way: with a 'nohelp'-type configuration, the ^G behaves like the help toggle when pressed once, then on any keypress except ^G it disappears à la 'quickblank', for ^G it enters the help screen

Best,

Erik