Re: [Help-nano] Compile

From: Eitan Adler
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Compile
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 22:06:30 -0500

nano is a text file editor - much like "notepad.exe" in Windows.
what your instructor meant is that you could use nano to edit the
files and use g++ (a different program) to compile it.

Both of these programs are run from the shell - which is a program
that executes other programs. The shell is run in a terminal emulator
(or real terminal)

You need to find a Terminal Emulator you like (I like Terminal or
urxvt) and run a shell you like (I prefer zsh - but you are likely to
have bash). Then you type commands into said terminal.