Re: [Help-nano] Nano syntax hilighting Bad regex

From: dave festing
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Nano syntax hilighting Bad regex
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 06:43:51 +0000

OK, found it:

replace \< and \> with \b

From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 02:47:47 +0000
Subject: [Help-nano] Nano syntax hilighting Bad regex

Only found one old post on here that was even close to the problem I am having, so hoping for some up more relevant information.  This post  mentioned what happens if you leave out the \< and \> and the same happens to me.  But, that is as far as I can get.

On any line, in example nanorc files that have tried, with a "\< at the beginning and a \>" at the end I get this error:

Bad regex "[[:<:]] . . . [[:>:]]": Invalid character class name

I am running nano 2.2.6, gawk 3.1.6 on linux 3.1 cross-compiled for the ARM

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
davef