[Help-nano] Color highlighting feature request

From: The Kabal
Subject: [Help-nano] Color highlighting feature request
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 12:22:24 -0600

Hello,

I noticed that for color highlighting, "Legal colors for foreground
and background color are: white, black, red, blue, green, yellow,
magenta, and cyan.".

I was attempting to create a close match to the "All Hallow's Eve"
color theme from Sublime Text 2, but noticed that I had very few
choices for colors in nano. By way of example, the 'comment' color
default for a PHP file in All Hallows Eve looks "purple". The closest
equivalent is the jarring magenta, which is really more of a bright
pink than a purple.

For environments with 256 color support, any chance we could get an
expanded selection of colors for syntax highlighting?

As always, your editor is awesome, many thanks for years of reliable
and easy to use editing.

- Patrick