Re: [Help-nano] [Info-nano] [poll] which features would you like to see

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] [Info-nano] [poll] which features would you like to see in nano?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 21:40:02 +0200

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015, at 06:59, Trevor Cordes wrote:
> On 2015-06-21 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > e)  An option to consider underscores to be part of a word.
>
> If you're going to do that, might as well allow the user to define
> "word character", i.e. by setting a set of symbols in the rc file.

Yes, Eitan Adler on the nanodevel mailing list suggested this too.  It
will take a while, but this is what will most likely get implemented.

> > f)  An option to save a file by default in Unix format.
>
> ++ I thought it did this already.

It used to, up to version 1.3 or so.

> I almost never load a DOS file, and
> it would be nice to rc/alias an option that forces saves in unix.

Ah, yes, hadn't thought of that: using nano to get rid of CRs.
Another reason for implementing --unix.

> I rely on unix2dos for the odd time I need CRLF.

You can save a file in DOS format by toggling M-D after ^O.

Thanks for your input.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web