Re: [Help-nano] block comment

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] block comment
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 23:13:57 -0500

Hello higuita,

I agree with Benno that this is something nano can't easily do but
should do down the road.  How I tend to do this when I need to is:
- Move to the first line I want to start commenting
- Hit Meta-R, Meta-E (to enable a regex search and replace)
- Enter ^ (to match beginning of the line) and hit enter
- Enter the comment identifier(e.g. // or #) and hit Enter
Say Y for all the lines I want to comment out.
Hit ^c when done

Usually it gets me through what I need.  Hope this helps!