Re: [Help-nano] exit without saving

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] exit without saving
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 18:18:13 +0100

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 13:23, Mike Brown wrote:
> Benno wrote:
> > I was thinking of ^Q (Quit), but sounds too much like quitting
> > the entire program.
>
> That's what I'm asking for.

Well, not quite: when nano has multiple files open, the ^R reject
key would not quit the program but just close the current buffer.

> ...^X
>
> "aw crap! I'm being asked for a filename to save, must not have permission to
> edit not-mine.txt after all!"

But most of the time you would be wanting to save the edits
you made, no?  To then 'sudo cp' them to the actual file.

But never mind that.  :)  I think a discard-buffer key is a
good idea.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A fast, anti-spam email service.