[Help-nano] Shift+Cursor keys in tmux

From: Andreas Schamanek
Subject: [Help-nano] Shift+Cursor keys in tmux
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 18:02:16 +0100 (CET)

Hi fellow nano users,
hi Benno,

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018, at 12:14, Benno Schulenberg wrote:

I would love to be able to select (mark) text by holding Shift together with cursor keys. Unfortunately, I haven't yet managed to get this working in my terminal (I use lilyterm either directly or "around" a tmux). It works fine in an xterm, though.

It seems you can stop lilyterm from interpreting those keystrokes by rightclicking and disabling them in the [Set key binding] menu item.

This works now, thanks to your advice. BTW, strangely enough I had to disable the bindings for lilyterm's "scroll_*" settings.

However, it is still not working within tmux. For instance ^Left/Right + Shift-Left/Right work everywhere for me, in xterm, in lilyterm, even in a screen session, just not in a tmux. So far I tried different TERM settings and `set -g xterm-keys on` but to no avail.

Any idea?

--
-- Andreas

    :-)