help-ncurses

field_buffer question

From: J.M.Steinbauer
Subject: field_buffer question
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 19:43:36 +0200

Hi,

there is no traffic in this mailinglist, but I hope someone can help me.

I'm writing a client for a MySQL database and I'm using ncurses and for user
inputs I would like to use the field and form functions.

field[0] = new_field(...coordinates, etc...);
field[1] = NULL;
.
.
.
my_form = new_form(field);
.
.
.
while((ch = getch()) != '\n') form_driver(my_form, ch);

On the screen, everthing is perfect, but if I want to use the entered string
with

mvwaddstr(Win, 2, 1, (field_buffer(field[0],0)));

But the string is empty. No, not correct, there are just spaces as much as the
field is defined in length.

Where is the entered string?

--
Michael Steinbauer