help-ncurses

autobiographical

From: Eustace Covington
Subject: autobiographical
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:18:14 +0100

Well not get away so easy, if I know menin this country.
Say, you Missouri hay seed, cant you see my feet? Jett could see her and that any such action might arousesuspicion. That young skinner ofHudnalls was leadin, an that ugly-face cuss was drivin thesecond team.
As you aint got nerve tokill these men, you can have it out with them to-night.
Milly heard the bitter quarrel which ensued, between Jett and hiswife and the two lieutenants. The immense blue dome was alight, mysterious, beautiful,comforting. Wereaimin to cross the prairie to the Red River. Jett was saddlingthe fast horses he used in hunting. Under the brimof his sombrero his eyes appeared to be black holes. They broke into trot, dragging the saddledanimals behind the wagon. Milly was sorely in need of a little freedom of limbs.
Beatsome sense into her or chuck her in the river. Shake on it, said Follonsbee, extendinghis hand.
She had no assurance that he would helpher, but there was a secret between them. Hislook, his whisper, had made of her a comrade, brave to stand theoutcome. He chose an instant,probably the one in which Catlee decided, and like a flash drew hisgun.
Theblackness that enveloped her was not all from the blankets. Darkness settled down over the camp and the river. An even if we hadtwo days start, a runnin herd would catch us.
At that juncture Pruitt and Follonsbee strode from somewhere toconfront the Jetts. Seven days, and then the straggling lost bands of buffalo!