help-ncurses

Re: Ncurses keypad is not properly working in FreeBSD

From: Archimedes Gaviola
Subject: Re: Ncurses keypad is not properly working in FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:37:13 +0800

Hi Brad,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 3:07 PM Brad Hines <Brad.Hines@planeta.energy> wrote:

I’m not sure if this is related to your question or not, but perhaps it will help.

I had some issues with certain keycodes, and I recall that there’s something funny about xterm.

It may be that xterm is the source of your problems.  A quick and dirty thing to try would be to try a different terminal type.

 I've been replacing xterm console to vt100 in one of the TTY consoles in the /etc/ttys though it gives no more color in the window but the same behavior with xterm is observed.

ttyv2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   onifexists secure

I made a note in my code that I found this online that had some info, might be of help to you:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16975367/ncurses-reading-numpad-keys-and-escaping

That is solving a slightly different set of keys than I was worried about.  I am using CDK which is built on top of ncurses, but I ended up extending the already-defined key set with my own customer keys to define ALT-A to ALT-Z and then ALT-a to ALT-z.

Okay, I'll check it out.

Thanks and best regards,
Archimedes