Re: Octave for SGI,

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave for SGI,
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 94 23:00:15 EDT

Arman Ali Anwar <address@hidden> wrote:

: I'm looking for a version of octave for SGI machines, in particular for
: Indigo2 and Indy machines.
:
: I tried to compile the package but the amount of errors, my machine threw
: at me reached horrendous proportions, so I gave up.

Are you running IRIX 5.2 and were you trying to use gcc 2.6.0?  The
current version of Octave will not compile with that, and there are
bugs in 2.6.0 that prevent even the current sources from compiling
correctly on IRIX 5.2 systems.  I believe that it will be possible to
compile Octave 1.1 (if it is ever released) with gcc 2.6.1 (if it is
ever released) on IRIX systems.

I am trying to get things ready for a release, but please don't ask me
when it will happen.

Thanks,

jwe