Re: Newbie would like to play audio files created in octave

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: Newbie would like to play audio files created in octave
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 94 10:44:18 CST

address@hidden (Tony Roberts) wrote:

: >Can anyone help an octave newbie with this?  I would like to be able to
: >play (through /dev/audio or other machine-dependent device) files
: >of signals I create, import or modify in the octave environment.
:
: I guess one possibility is to use the shell_cmd function to execute the sun
: audiotool.  You woud presumably have to write the sound out to a scratch
: file before audiotool could play it.  I do a similar thing for plotting via
: xgraph (because I do not have access to gnuplot here).

Version 1.1 will have some new functions for reading and writing
binary files that should help to make things like this a bit easier.

jwe