Re: Trouble with global vars

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: Trouble with global vars
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 95 18:28:39 CST

Tony Mullins <address@hidden> wrote:

: I am getting the following errors when attempting to use the builtin
: quad function to integrate a scalar integrand.

:   y(i) = quad(integrand,lower_limit,upper_limit,singularity);

Change that to

    y(i) = quad("integrand",lower_limit,upper_limit,singularity);

and I think it should work as you expect.

The reason you get the undefined variable message is that Octave wants
to evaluate the expressions in the argument list to turn them into
values, sees the identifier `integrand', and calls it without any
arguments.

jwe