dynamically linked functions

From: Phillip Smith
Subject: dynamically linked functions
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 17:08:00 -0800

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to send kudos for the dynamically linked function
support in Octave 1.1.1 (I'm using a Sparc 10 running SunOS 4.1.3).  I
recentedly finished writing several functions to support i/o to an
in-house datafile format.  Everything went smoothly, even though this
is my first experience with dynamically linked functions.  I only had
to modify lib_dir_path and lib_list in dynamic-ld.cc so that dld could
find the additional libraries required by my functions. It would be
nice if future versions of Octave allowed the user to specify addition
libraries for dynamically linked functions via an environment variable
or an interval octave variable (similar to LOADPATH, for example).

Thanks again,
Phillip
address@hidden