Re: Multiplot or multiple windows?

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: Multiplot or multiple windows?
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 95 09:05:01 CDT

#
#Hi,
#
#I tried multiplot, but after aplying it I could't run some of the
#demos in the demo directory (I remember the surface2 demo).
#

Hmm. Multiplot seems to work ok. Execpt that there are some bugs with
postscript output.

Also, as I have mentioned earlier,  the multiple plots are not seen
on screen till you switch back to single plot mode (or turn off
multiple plot mode).

#Although multiplot is very usefull, mainly for publications preparation,
#I would be satisfied if I could use several window simultaneously,  e.g.
#
#p1=figure()    would create a new gnuplot window/process and all
#               graphics output would go to there.
#p2=figure()    idem
#figure(p1)     reverted to the first window, keeping the other window
#               contents.
#
#This is usefull for comparing different processing strategies without the need
#to print graphics.
#

I think once we have pipe support, this should be possible. One could open
two gnuplot streams, and then when plotting, give the stream to send data
and command as an argument to the plotting function which could be just
a script (.m file) rather than having it builtin as its now.

--vinayak-
/*
 * vinayak dutt
 * graduate student, ultrasound research