Interaction with gnuplot

From: John L Daschbach
Subject: Interaction with gnuplot
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 13:03:01 -0700 (PDT)

I have used the following technique to setup gnuplot from within
octave functions.

tstring = sprintf("set title \"%s\" ",title);
eval(tstring);

This works, but I can't set the number format for the axies becuase
sprintf won't handle \% and you would need:

tstring = sprintf("set format x \%.2e");

or something similar.  sprintf() complains that \% is not a recognized
escape sequence.  I have tried \%, \\%, \\\%, all to no avail.

You can of course set it at an octave prompt, but you have to remember
to do this by hand.

Any ideas?

-John

John L. Daschbach
Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory
Pacific Northwest Laboratory
address@hidden
address@hidden