X Interface

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: X Interface
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 14:10:52 -0500

On  7-Oct-1996, Carl Leitner <address@hidden> wrote:

: Does anyone know of any plans of allowing the x-interface functions in
: matlab to work under octave.  Possibly a tcl/tk or expectk wrapper?

I have some vague ideas about adding programmable GUI features to
Octave after 2.0.  I would prefer to make it possible for users to
easily write their own interfaces to new toolkits so that Octave is
not tied to any one toolkit in particular.  If anyone is interested in
working on this, please send me some mail.

Thanks,

jwe