Re: Symbolic functions

From: niles
Subject: Re: Symbolic functions
Date: Fri, 23 May 97 10:34:17 -0400

> >These terms are incompatible with the GPL, so we can't use MuPAD with
> >Octave.
>
> I agree those terms are incompatible with the GPL.  However, that just
> means we can't distribute MuPAD with Octave.  We could still *use*
> Octave with MuPAD, just as we can use Octave with Sunos or HPUX.

Last time I checked (about a year ago) the authors were still
considering making MuPAD GPL.  They want MuPAD to be used as much as
possible by as many people as possible.  They were concerned that the
GPL might actually hurt Mu-Pad's distribution and acceptance.
Perhaps, some of us should write to then again as ask them to
reconsider the GPL, with a convincing argument.

        Rick Niles.