Re: Accentuated character

From: Michael Chelle
Subject: Re: Accentuated character
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 11:21:03 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  8-Aug-1997, Michael Chelle <address@hidden> wrote:
> | I've also tried  with the Friedrich Leisch's example and the accentuated
> | characters didn't print in the octave's window. May it be a problem of
> | configuration or environment of my xterm (I don't think so , because I
> | can write accentuated characters in a xterm shell window)
> | Any idea ?
>
> How did you type (or cut/paste) the characters at the Octave prompt?
> When I tried to cut and paste with the mouse, they didn't show up at
> all (I suspect a limitation of the X11 code).  But when I moved them
> into a file using Emacs (which is also my mail reader) it worked
> fine.  They came up as accented characters in the gnuplot window.

1) If Octave  read a file with accentuated char,
  it works ie gnuplot shows title with accentuated char in a
X11-window.   If you want to generate the postscript file, you must
"gset encoding iso_8859_1" and choose the enhanced postscript driver.

2) The cuting/pasting  or typing of  accentuated char works between
shell xterm and gnuplot xterm, but doesn't work  here with octave xterm.
Then it seems to be more a limitation of octave than a X11 limitation.

Michael