How to know when gnuplot is finished

From: Andy Adler
Subject: How to know when gnuplot is finished
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 17:03:56 -0600 (MDT)

I want to write a script print.m to print graphics

function print
% PRINT: print the current gnuplot window

outfile=sprintf('/tmp/oct-pr%dc',time);
gset term postscript
gset("output",['"' outfile '"'])
replot
gset term x11
replot
system(['lpr -r ' outfile]);

The problem is that lpr gets launched before
gnuplot is finished.  I could always put in a delay
before the lpr, but that not the "Right thing to do(tm)"

So I'd like to know how to tell if gnuplot is finished
so I can launch lpr

thanks
Andy Adler,    | Pulmonary Physiology Unit         | Lab 303-398-1626
address@hidden | National Jewish Center,Denver,USA | Fax 303-398-1607

   For the Snark _was_ a Boojum, you see.    -Lewis Carroll