help for .oct files

From: Stef Pillaert
Subject: help for .oct files
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:56:34 +0100

Hello,

I have a little problem writing .oct-files.

In a function I'm writing (function1.cc), I want to use the function "find".

I tried to do this, using something like:
"  extern octave_value_list Ffind (const octave_value_list&, int);"

It compiles OK (just doing "mkoctfile function1.cc"), but when calling
this, I get a message like:
"octave: can't resolve symbol 'Ffind__FRC17octave_value_listi'"

On the other hand, this works fine with the function "eval" (in stead of
"find").

What am I doing wrong? Probably something with linking...
(everything works fine if I copy the file "find.cc" from the source to my
working directory, and then adding something like '#include "find.cc"' in
my function1.cc, but this doesn't seem to be very clean, does it?)
(As you might notice, I'm not a very experienced C++ programmer, however I
translated a lot of my functions to .oct files, with enormous gain of
speed...)

Can someone help me please? Thanks a lot.

Stef.