Dynamic load failed

From: Michael Hanke
Subject: Dynamic load failed
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:53:37 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I tried octave 2.0.10. I have a number of .oct-files prepared which
were successfully running under 2.0.9. Now I got the following
problem:

Octave, version 2.0.10 (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1).
Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998 John W. Eaton.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details, type `warranty'.

octave:1> limex_options
error: FSlimex_options__Fv: `ld.so.1: octave: fatal: dlsym: can't
find symbol: _csi_mblen'
error: evaluating expression near line 1, column 1

Since the library structure has changed a bit, I took the 'brute
force' approach for finding the point: I made a 'nm * | grep _csi'
over all octave-related executables and dynamic libraries. I did not
find anything. So I suppose that the missing symbol belongs to some
recursively included libraries.

Question: Where does this symbol belong to? What should I add to my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Or is something missing in mkoctfile?

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

|  Michael Hanke                Royal Institute of Technology   |
|                               NADA                            |
|                               S-10044 Stockholm               |
|                               Sweden                          |
|  Visiting address:            Lindstedtsvaegen 3              |
|  Phone:                       + (46) (8) 790 6278             |
|  Fax:                         + (46) (8) 790 0930             |
|  Email:                       address@hidden               |
|                               address@hidden       |