Re: Jacobian for DASSL ?

From: Michael Hanke
Subject: Re: Jacobian for DASSL ?
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 07:56:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  3-Jun-1998, Edward Scott Meadows <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | I couldn't find any documentation about how to give Jacobian
> | information to DASSL.  Is that possible?  My problem is
> | failing, and I'm sure that providing a Jacobian would help.
>
> Unfortunately, Octave provides no way to supply a Jacobian function
> for dassl.  I don't have plans to add any new features to the stable
> 2.0.x series, but perhaps I (or someone else?) will have time to
> implement this for the 2.1.x development release soon.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jwe

For the time being it may help if you are using other programs for
solving differential-algebraic systems. I implemented wrappers for
limex, radau5 and rodas having essentially the same calling sequence
as dassl. The are ment to be used as .oct files and, therefore,
relatively fast.

Michael
|  Michael Hanke                Royal Institute of Technology   |
|                               NADA                            |
|                               S-10044 Stockholm               |
|                               Sweden                          |
|  Visiting address:            Lindstedtsvaegen 3              |
|  Phone:                       + (46) (8) 790 6278             |
|  Fax:                         + (46) (8) 790 0930             |
|  Email:                       address@hidden               |
|                               address@hidden       |