Re: diary

From: Wonkoo Kim
Subject: Re: diary
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 98 02:23:17 -0400

> Date: Thu, 30 Jul 98 00:14:21 -0500
> From: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
> Subject: diary
>
> On 25-Jul-1998, Wonkoo Kim <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | I think the problem is solved.
> |
> | I had put
> |   diary "file.log"
> | at the beginning of a .m file, and
> |   diary off
> | at the end of the .m file.  However, it looks like I have to
> | remove "diary off" from the .m file, and I have to issue it
> | directly from Octave session.  I don't know why, but it worked
> | that way.
>
> I agree that this is a bug, but I see no easy way to fix it.
>
> The problem is that nothing is written to the diary file until output
> is flushed to the pager, and that normally only happens just before a
> prompt is printed.
>
> jwe

Is ``diary off'' in .m file already executed when pager gets output?
It looks like Octave assumes ``diary off'' at the end of .m file was
issued at the beginning of paged output, and so I got nothing in diary
file for the paged output.  (Thus I had to remove ``diary off'' from
.m file.)  Perhaps Octave needs a special treat for ``diary off'' in
.m file when output is paged.

Thanks for your answer.

// Wonkoo Kim (address@hidden)