Re: compiling octave with egcs 1.1 ?

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: compiling octave with egcs 1.1 ?
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:53:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  3-Sep-1998, Muzaffer Kal <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | has anyone done this ? Does it work ?
>
> I doubt that it will work for the 2.0.13 distribution without the
> patches that Mumit Khan posted to the bug-octave mailing list.  You
> can get them from the mailing list archive on Octave web site at
> http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/mailing-lists/bug-octave/1998/270.
>
> Even with the patches, you may have some trouble

For what it's worth, I use Octave-2.0.13 (plus these patches) to do
do regular testing of egcs for a variety of platforms, and I haven't
seen any regression using egcs-1.1. I haven't tried i686-linux-gnulibc1
in a while, but at least on a glibc2 based systems, it should build out
of the box. Of course, you do need to have glibc2 patched to date --
I use RH 5.1 + all the patches.

Regards,
Mumit